Porthole Cruise News Briefs – Nov. 6, 2015
Porthole Cruise News Briefs
Nov. 6, 2015
- Hurtigruten has announced a major renovation initiative for 2016. All four of their mid-1990s–built ships are being upgraded with new interiors and furnishings that reflect a modern Scandinavian design inspired by the scenery of the voyages the ships sail. The updated look for these ships has been named New Arctic Interior. Work will be done around the clock and the four ships will be rotated through the shipyard with work expected to take a little over three weeks for each: MS Polarlys(completed by Feb. 2); MS Kong Harald (Feb. 7); MS Nordkapp (April 19); and MS Nordnorge (Nov. 18). The new MS Spitsbergen, undergoing a more significant upgrade to fit in with the current fleet, will launch in the spring.
- Royal Caribbean International’s Anthem of the Seas arrived into Bayonne, New Jersey, this week to begin sailings from its new homeport of Cape Liberty. The line also announced an order for a fifth Quantum-class ship for delivery in the fall of 2020.
- Silversea Cruises announced that bookings are now open for the line’s new flagship, Silver Muse, which begins sailing in April 2017. The new ultra-luxury, boutique ship, with just 286 suites, will make its 13-day maiden voyage from Monte Carlo to Nice departing on April 20, 2017, calling on Barcelona, Valletta, Amalfi, and Sorrento.
- Seabourn is bringing guests even closer to majestic Antarctica with its new Ventures by Seabourn kayaking excursions. Launching directly from the ship’s fold-down watersports marina, guests will have the unique opportunity to explore Antarctica’s scenery and wildlife close up, at sea level, and led by qualified guides. Beginning Nov. 29, 2015, Seabourn Quest returns to Antarctica for its third season beginning on a series of four 21- to 24-day voyages between Valparaíso, (Santiago) Chile, and Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Celebrity Cruises is celebrating the LGBT community by inviting its members and allies to a European-themed soirée aboard Celebrity Eclipse on November 9, 2015, in New York City. The event will feature a special guest appearance by fashion designer and CFDA member, Christian Siriano, as well as a performance by Broadway talent Lauren Patten of “FUN HOME,” winner of five 2015 Tony Awards, including Best Musical. The night also will feature cuisine by Celebrity’s Michelin-starred chef, Cornelius Gallagher. Proceeds from the “Haute on the Hudson” event will benefit The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center’s youth programs.
[spb_column width=”1/2″ el_position=”first”] [impact_text include_button=”yes” button_style=”standard” title=”< Previous: Cruise Deal” href=”http://www.porthole.com/cruise-news-deal-and-briefs/” color=”accent” target=”_self” position=”cta_align_bottom” alt_background=”alt-two” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [/impact_text] [/spb_column] [spb_column width=”1/2″ el_position=”last”] [impact_text include_button=”yes” button_style=”standard” title=”Read More Porthole >” href=”/stores/” color=”accent” target=”_self” position=”cta_align_bottom” alt_background=”alt-two” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]