Porthole Cruise News Briefs – Mar. 11, 2016
* Art lovers will be flocking to Hapag-Lloyd Cruises’ luxury ship Europa2 this September and in 2017 for “art2sea” cruises offered in partnership with Weltkunst art and lifestyle magazine. While traveling from Montreal to New York or Hamburg to Lisbon, guests will enjoy lectures from experts including Weltkunst editor-in-chief, Dr. Lisa Zeitz; Van Gogh Museum director, Axel Rüger; art historian Thole Rotermund; and gallery owner Carola Persiehl. There will also be guided visits to galleries, museums, and exhibitions, as well as an onboard artist who will be drawing live portraits. The luxury line has also recently unveiled virtual tours of its fleet using a HypeBox, which offers personalized information on an interactive LCD screen along with cyber goggles, which transport users on board to experience the ship and select destinations.
* Tall-ship line Star Clippers is weighing anchor for Indonesian waters for the first time in 2017. Between May 6 and October 14, 2017, the four-masted Star Clipper will sail between Singapore and Bali, and round-trip from Bali, for 7, 10, 11, and 14 nights. Guests will enjoy complimentary water sports such as snorkeling and kayaking in ports of call, as well as the unique culture of Indonesia’s villages, and exotic creatures including Komodo dragons, the world’s largest species of lizard.
* Star Wars fans have more chances to enjoy “the ultimate day at sea” on 15 Disney Fantasy sailings in early 2017. The special sailings have expanded to Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries and include official appearances of Star Wars characters, a deck party and fireworks, Star Wars–themed activities, screenings of Star Wars films, and special merchandise.
* When it launches in July, the ultra-luxurious Seven Seas Explorer will become the first cruise ship to offer amenities from the legendary French perfume house Guerlain. The fragrant collection includes shampoos, conditioners, shower gels, body lotions, and vegetable white soaps available in all Penthouse Suites and above. For guests staying in the Regent Suite, Master Suite, Grand Suite, and Explorer Suite, there’s also a complimentary 100-ml bottle of Eau de Cologne Impériale, a scent created in 1853 to pay homage to Eugénie, the last empress of France.
* Glam metal fans will rock and roll all night (and party every day) from November 4 to 9 on Norwegian Pearl for The KISS Kruise VI. The sixth voyage celebrating the rock icons is focused on memories of the 1982 “Creatures of the Night” tour. Fans can expect to see the Starchild, Demon, Catman, and Spaceman play a show featuring tracks from the tour and wearing vintage-inspired costumes from this historic era. Guests can also participate in activities and a photo with the band, theme nights, and shows from various artists on one of six stages.
Photo: Hapag-Lloyd Cruises (Ottmar Hoerl)
Sign up for weekly cruise news, fun contests, and exclusive offers delivered right to your inbox!