Porthole Cruise News Briefs – Jan. 5, 2018
- American Cruise Lines has become a national underwriter for the iconic PBS series Washington Week, a roundtable discussion that’s been dissecting national news story once a week since 1967. “There is a certain synergy between our cruise itineraries — which explore and highlight America’s past — and this wonderful show, which enlightens viewers of present-day American history in the making,” says American Cruise Lines’ Vice President Timothy Beebe.
This week, the small-ship line also announced that it raised over $14,000 for the Connecticut Food Bank in its fifth annual Holiday Give-Back Program, which donates $50.00 for each cruise ticket sold during the holiday season.
The line will welcome its newest ship, American Constitution, to an American Revolution-themed Chesapeake Bay itinerary this April.
- Southeast Asian river operator Pandaw Expeditions has, through its charitable-giving arm, begun work on an eighth medical clinic in Myanmar. The facility will contain consulting rooms, X-ray equipment, an ultrasound room, and a diagnostic lab — and be within a 20-mile radius of the line’s other seven clinics, which have treated a combined 300,000 patients since 2010.
- Seabourn is celebrating 30 years of ultra-luxury cruising with unique events and onboard offerings throughout 2018. Anniversary highlights include the launch of Seabourn Ovation in spring, a special wine package, a pearl collection available in The Shops, and an exclusive, Audrey Hepburn-inspired cocktail. Pick up the new issue of Porthole Cruise Magazine (on newsstands January 9) for the Passion Pearlscocktail recipe created by Seabourn’s world-renowned mixology partner, Brian van Flandern.
- Ultra-luxury line Silversea has prepared a selection of culinary and wine “Enriched Voyages,” including a series of Asian cruises featuring guest chefs from The Peninsula Hotels; an Amazon-to-Fort Lauderdale cruise with guided market-to-plate excursions; a wine cruise calling on Honfleur, Saint-Malo, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Lisbon, Cádiz, and Málaga; and many more.
Photos: American Cruise Lines, Silversea
Let us know your comments!
#American Cruise Lines#expedition cruising#luxury cruising#newbuilds#Pandaw Expeditions#river cruising#Seabourn#Silversea#Silversea Cruises#small-ship cruising#theme cruises
- Previous article5 Big New Cruise Ships On the Horizon
- Next articleCruise Deal of the Week – Jan. 5, 2018
Cruisers React to “Cruise Karen” Who Threw Fit After Testing Positive OnboardEvan Gove - July 19, 2021
Virgin Hotels is Giving Guests a Preview of the Beach Club at BiminiEvan Gove - July 19, 2021