Porthole Cruise News Briefs – Jan. 23, 2015
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ Seven Seas Explorer reached a construction milestone this week. The keel was laid at the Fincantieri shipyard in Genoa for the “most luxurious ship ever built,” with its $5,000-per-person, per-night Regent Suite. To make the point about luxury, a sleek, black Rolls Royce Phantom transported the ceremony’s symbolic coins (including a rare 1921 U.S. Peace Dollar), which a butler then carried on a pillow. The 750-passenger ship debuts in July 2016…
- Holland America Line’s new, 2,650-passenger ms Koningsdam will spend summer 2016 homeported in Amsterdam, cruising on 7- to 14-day itineraries to Norway, the Baltic, , Iceland….
- River line AmaWaterways is out with its new brochure for 2016, which includes the debut of the line’s Taste of Bordeaux itinerary plus 34 wine-themed sailings….
- Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic completed a full interior renovation of the twin 62-passenger ships National Geographic Sea Bird and National Geographic Sea Lion. The guest cabins, lounge and bar, dining room, public areas and spa all boast a new modern look including LED lighting. The lounge redo adds a new food & beverage area, the dining room a new regional wine display….
- Carnival Cruise Line promised cheaper and faster Internet access. Being tested now on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Freedom, and Carnival Sunshine is a social media package providing unlimited access to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, et al for a fee of $5 per day, $25 per cruise.
— Fran Golden
Photo: Regent Seven Seas Cruises video
[spb_column width=”1/2″ el_position=”first”] [impact_text include_button=”yes” button_style=”standard” title=”< Previous: Cruise Deal” href=”http://www.porthole.com/cruise-deal-of-the-week-jan-23-2015″ color=”accent” target=”_self” position=”cta_align_bottom” alt_background=”alt-two” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [/impact_text] [/spb_column] [spb_column width=”1/2″ el_position=”last”] [impact_text include_button=”yes” button_style=”standard” title=”Read More Porthole >” href=”http://www.porthole.com/stores/” color=”accent” target=”_self” position=”cta_align_bottom” alt_background=”alt-two” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]