Eat well. That’s the goal for future passengers aboard Costa Cruises.
In honor of their 70th year cruising the world, Costa Cruises announced a new, fleetwide menu crafted by 7-time Michelin-starred chef Bruno Barbieri. The menu celebrates his more than 40 years as a culinary master from his childhood to present day.
Crafted exclusively for Costa Cruises, the menu starts with two appetizers: a bologna mousse with Parmesan icing, ingredients honoring Barbieri’s childhood in Emilia, Italy, and a salmon tartare with avocado. The first courses feature an egg pasta: traditional tortelloni with herbs and caprine, and pressed gramigna with cuttlefish ragout, a recipe inspired by his grandmother.
RELATED: Costa’s New Look
Vegetarian options include a pumpkin flan with mustard juice, and cream of leeks, potatoes and peppers, one of Barbieri’s first vegetarian dishes.
The full menu is a food-lover’s paradise:
- Bologna mousse, brioche and pistachio with Parmesan icing.
- Marinated salmon tartare with avocado, tasty sauce of crawfish and spiced mayonnaise.
- Pumpkin flan with mustard juice, braised mushrooms, oil and parsley, and crackers with sesame.
- Tortelloni with herbs and caprine with Tropea onions, pork cheek and hard cottage cheese.
- Pressed gramigna with cuttlefish ragout, bread, capers and mullet roe in pea sauce.
- Cream of leeks, potatoes and peppers with the scent of barbecue with yogurt.
- Herbed roasted beef fillet, bread sauce with soft potatoes and aged balsamic vinegar.
- Sea bass steak with chopped eggplant and smoked buffalo mozzarella in anchovies and date sauce.
- Herbed duck bonbon, with taggiasca olives, origin-certified taleggio soft cheese cream and crisp celery and turnip.
- Lukewarm artichoke compote with marinated mixed pickles, fennel taralli powder.
- Icy nougat with almond flavor and hazelnut sauce.
- Fried and caramelized puffs with English sauce and orange zest.
If you want to try the new menu for yourself, you’ll have to book a trip with Costa Cruises.