MSC Cruises Reveals More Modern Details of MSC Seaside | Cruise News – Apr. 21, 2016
MSC Cruises Reveals More Modern Details of MSC Seaside
Cruise News – Apr. 21, 2016
MSC Cruises has marked an important milestone in the building of MSC Seaside with the celebration of the traditional maritime coin ceremony held at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy. The first of up to three MSC Cruises’ next-generation Seaside class of new cruise ships, MSC Seaside will set sail in December 2017 as the cruise line’s newest ship to sail year-round from Miami to the Caribbean. (The new class is a pillar in the company’s recently announced $10.2 billion investment plan.)
The Seaside class has been inspired by a pioneering beach condo concept that will bring guests closer to the sea with staterooms and suites with outdoor spaces, al fresco dining, outdoor fitness facilities, and open-air cabanas for spa treatments.
“This prototype is significantly different from anything we have ever built before as this is a ship dedicated to cruising in warm seas,” said Gianni Onorato, CEO of MSC Cruises. “The design of the ship embodies our passion for the sea with innovative features to enhance the enjoyment of the open water and sunshine for our guests. With the highest ratio of outdoor spaces on any of MSC Cruises’ ships, guests will also enjoy an increased number of balcony staterooms, sea views, and public areas.”
- MSC Seaside will feature three unique outdoor catwalks that extend beyond the edge of the ship, with all glass railings and a glass floor giving guests the feeling that they are walking on water. The space encircles the entire ship with an array of bars and restaurants.
- Accommodations will include 14 exclusive aft corner suites, a collection of terraced balcony staterooms (an industry first and exclusive design feature in which a portion of the balcony is uncovered), new open-modular connected staterooms for large families or groups, accommodating up to 10 people, and luxury suites with private two-person outdoor whirlpools. The MSC Yacht Club is located on the foredecks offering a vast private solarium, a private lounge and restaurant, and Royal Suites that include a private outdoor whirlpool.
- Entertainment spaces will include a new theater and comedy club, a full-sized bowling alley, a 5D cinema, and a zip line that takes off from the funnel at the top of the ship 425 feet across the length of the ship landing at the aft.
- An originally designed two-deck aqua park will be the first on a cruise ship to feature Slideboarding, which combines a water slide and an interactive video game all in one. Other activities will include an adventure trail and multiple water slides.
- An extensive choice of specially designed indoor and outdoor restaurants will feature cuisine from around the world (including through a partnership with pan-Asian celebrity chef Roy Yamaguchi) as well as 20 distinct bars each with their own individual character.
The 4,140-guest MSC Seaside will sail three Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries visiting ports in the Bahamas, Mexico, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and MSC Cruises’ upcoming new private island, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
Photos: MSC Cruises
Sign up for weekly cruise news, fun contests, and exclusive offers delivered right to your inbox!